Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Blogger (Me!)

Hello All!

This is Tory and I am a new blogger here at Female Impersonator. I have been reading this blog for awhile, so I am kinda geeking out right now.

So tell me about yourself, you say? Well, I am a full-time undergraduate student majoring in philosophy on the east coast. I have a passion for watching TV (Grey's Anatomy and Mad Men are my favorites right now), taking naps, and reading YA fiction I am too old for (Sarah Dessen is my favorite).

So how did you first become interested in feminism, you ask? Well, I have always been a feminist but I first started identifying myself as such after I saw Jessica Valenti on The Colbert Report. I bought her book Full Frontal Feminism and never looked back. I got to meet her a little over a year ago and I might have cried afterwards. And by "I might," I mean "I did."

I am interested in all things women's rights, but I am particularly interested in wage discrimination, trans issues (and LGBTQ rights generally), women in the military, and women in politics.

How do feel about Ruth Bader Ginsberg, you inquire? You ask the best questions. I think she is the epitome of awesomeness.

Looking forward to having some stellar feminist dialogue with you,

Tory

3 comments:

Amelia said...

Hi Tory! I'm so excited to have you blogging with us. This post made me smile, and I can't wait to hear more from you.

Welcome aboard!

Saranga said...

welcome!

Anonymous said...

tory, you are hilarious. what a cool name, too.