Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chris Brown denied visa to enter UK for scheduled shows

Chris Brown had to cancel several shows that were scheduled to be performed in the UK after being denied a visa to enter the country. He was refused admission because he had been found "guilty of a serious criminal offence." Last year, Brown pleaded guilty to assaulting his ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
In a statement, the Home Office said: "We reserve the right to refuse entry to the UK to anyone guilty of a serious criminal offence. Public safety is one of our primary concerns."
My first thought after reading this was to be glad that officials in the UK Home Office were taking violence against women so seriously.

What do you think?

5 comments:

Saranga said...

Bloody right they didn't let him in! Woman beating prick.

Yeah, i'm pleased with this. I'm surprised, but i'm pleased.

Amelia said...

I remember when his case first became public and hearing people all over the internet making excuses for him (a really quick search for such information to include in this post proved unsuccessful). So I was very pleased to hear about this as well.

Anonymous said...

I find this to be ridiculous. If he'd been convicted of assaulting a man, he'd be allowed into the country without issue.

You don't find this to be problematic and sexist?

Amelia said...

I'm curious, Anonymous, how you can be so certain that if Chris Brown had assaulted a man, he'd have gotten a visa to enter the country?

If you cannot be certain, then I have reason to find your question as to whether or not I find this "problematic and sexist" to be unwarranted.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was great, and about time too - I'm still embarassed for my country that they let Mike Tyson in a few years back.