Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Operation Beautiful

I just found something really awesome thanks to Cara's Twitter.

Operation Beautiful, which was launched in June of 2009, already has a lot of people talking and taking action.

Check out the website, leave a random note for strangers to find, and help end Fat Talk.

This made me smile so much. I can't wait to be part of it. I am so thrilled to see that people are getting behind this idea because we have to start fighting back against all the harmful images and messages that women are receiving every day about their weight/worth. This is a great place to start.

What an idea.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I love this! I am totally gonna start to do this.

Amelia said...

I posted my first one in the bathroom of my apartment early this morning. And I put some Post-Its and a pen in my bag for when I go out tonight. :)

lindsay said...

Me too! It's another variation of Random Acts of Feminism.

I already post stuff in my bathroom that I find motivating; this is just giving it a particularly feminist twist - as if the things I was posting weren't already... :)